7 Reasons Your Mother Was Right About Green Beans
7 Reasons Your Mother Was Right About Green BeansYou may consider green beans to be that boring side dish next to your mashed potatoes and roasted chicken leg. Your thoughts of green beans may even wander to green bean casseroles that you shovel in your mouth on Thanksgiving. Green beans deserve a place in your daily diet because these green pods have innumerable amounts of health benefits. Unfortunately, they’re typically taken for granted or not prepared in the most appetizing of ways.
Here's why your mother was right to make you eat your green beans…
With all of that being said, it’s clear that you need to indulge in green beans far more than just on Thanksgiving. Green beans are incredibly versatile. You can add them to stews or salads, roast or grill them (in a grill basket), and you can even eat them raw by marinating them in olive oil and lemon juice for about an hour first.
Why not try roasting green beans at your next meal?
1 1/2 pounds green beans
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
· Trim the ends of the green beans and add to a large bowl.
· Toss with the extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and spread out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
· Roast, stirring once halfway through, until lightly caramelized and crisp tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
It really is, as simple as that!
- Ari Vinograd, CEO, Wise Choice Health, Inc
PS - Learn about our Foot Patches here..